Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Revenants, The Odyssey Home By Scott Kauffman

Summary By Goodreads:
ONLY BETSY CAN GET HIM HOME IN TIME; ONLY HE CAN BRING HER BACK BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

A grief-stricken candy-striper serving in a VA hospital following her brother’s death in Viet Nam struggles to return home an anonymous veteran of the Great War against the skullduggery of a congressman who not only controls the hospital as part of his small-town fiefdom but knows the name of her veteran. A name if revealed would end his political ambitions and his fifty-year marriage. In its retelling of Odysseus’ journey, Revenants casts a flickering candle upon the charon toll exacted not only from the families of those who fail to return home but of those who do.



My Thoughts:
So I have been looking forward to this book in particular over the past month, I was super excited to hear from the author that this book is a retelling of the 'epic poem' Odyssey which I did read when I was like thirteen I enjoyed it even though at that time I really didn't understand most of it just yet, anyways the author had built some amazing characters, and world building wasn't too detailed which in this particular case I actually liked, it gave the opportunity for my imagination to take over. Overall I do believe this was a fantastic read, just make sure to give a couple of chapters before you put it down, personally I enjoyed the slow beginning for again this particular book, so if you have the opportunity to read it do you wont regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader