Monday, April 10, 2017

We Were Swans By GJ Freeman

Hey guys so sorry I haven't been blogging it's the end of my school quarter and as much as I love
you guys and books school comes first, just so you don't think I have left you hanging make sure to check out We Were Swans By GJ Freeman.

Summary by Goodreads:

Tom and Sacha are ordinary people. They have no special skills which they are forced to resurrect, they aren't retired CIA or former Assassins. There are no puffs of smoke, no trapdoors, no sliding walls to swish magically open revealing a startling array of weaponry. They are normal people, like you and me. Until their 3 year old child is abducted and murdered by teenage freaks, as a game, a joke, or at least, that's how it played out in court. In the style of the feral underbelly of modern society, these vile, sick delinquents even film what they did on a mobile phone. Eight years later, they're out, their debt written off, ready to begin their lives as blithely as they destroyed yours. That can't be how this ends. If it were me and I were given the opportunity offered to Tom, would I take it? Yes. In a heartbeat. Could I do it? I'd like to think so. But here's the thing. Would you? Could you?


My Thoughts:
This was a very emotional piece, it made me think twice about a lot of things and it was enjoyable, it was very detailed but not overly detailed, the amount of world building was perfect for this book. Overall, an interesting book, I think the author has some very realistic ideas that gives this book the extra push, that I find most books of this type tend to lack.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ozzie. From time to time I idly scroll the web looking for interest in 'Swans' items and bugger me there you were with your nice comments on what was and I suppose still is my baby. Thank you. GJ.

    ReplyDelete

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader