Thursday, March 9, 2017

Letting Go By Maria Thompson Corle

So The first thing I want to do is apologize my gmail account has been driving me nuts, any ways what happened was, it logged me out and when i went log back in the damn thing made me change my password and then it went on about how It had been hacked and what not, so apparently I was hacked! so Authors and anyone who's sent in a request I have not seen my emails yet so as soon as i am done with post I will finally get to my emails. Way to blabber on a Thursday afternoon huh?


Summary By Goodreads:
Even though she lives hundreds of miles away, when Langston, who dreams of being a chef, meets Cecile, a Juilliard-trained pianist, he is sure that his history of being a sidekick, instead of a love interest, is finally over. Their connection is real and full of potential for a deeper bond, but the obstacles between them turn out to be greater than distance. Can these busy, complicated people be ready for each other at the same time? Does it even matter? Before they can answer these questions, each must do battle with the ultimate demon-fear.

Told in a witty combination of standard prose, letters, emails, and diary entries, LETTING GO is a long-distance love story that also examines race, religion, and the difficult choices we make following our passions. From the Great White North to the streets of New York City to the beaches of Bermuda, LETTING GO is a journey of longing, betrayal, self-discovery and hope you will never forget.



My Thoughts:
It always amazes me when I read new books the different stuff people come up with. Now I realize that goes for pretty much any thing written by anyone but I don't typically think those thoughts.
The reason I say this is because
1. I found this interesting,
2. I also found it boring.
3. It felt incomplete, and i'm not talking about the ending.
The beginning was difficult to read not because it didn't hold my attention but because it felt like I started some place in the middle.The world building was not bad a bit stretched out but still Okay. I think the characters were great in fact my favorite was Langston. Overall I think that this book is good and has the potential to be great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader