Monday, March 20, 2017

This Too Shall Pass By Milena Busquets

Summary By Blogging For Books:

Blanca is forty years old and motherless. Shaken by the unexpected death of the most important person in her life, she suddenly realizes that she has no idea what her future will look like.

To ease her dizzying grief and confusion, Blanca turns to her dearest friends, her closest family, and a change of scenery. Leaving Barcelona behind, she returns to Cadaqués, on the coast, accompanied by her two sons, two ex-husbands, and two best friends, and makes a plan to meet her married lover for a few stolen moments as well. Surrounded by those she loves most, she spends the summer in an impossibly beautiful place, finding ways to reconnect and understand what it means to truly, happily live on her own terms, just as her mother would have wanted.



My Thoughts:
While I was reading this book, I kept thinking back to the reviews I read about it being horrible, now I wont say it was the best, the characters were nicely built, the world building was in need of some work. with all that in mind i think that even though the plot wasn't great, it was still OK. I liked the way the main character wasn't narrating to the reader but instead, narrating to her mother. Overall I think that It was readable.

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader