Monday, February 27, 2017

Ensnared By Rita Stradling

Hi Guys,
not my usual for Monday Share Day but It was either a review or a babbling mess of words.

Summary By NetGalley:
[This novel contains adult situations and is only suitable for readers who are 18+]
A Near Future Retelling of Beauty and the Beast
Alainn’s father is not a bad man. He’s a genius and an inventor. When he’s hired to create the robot Rose, Alainn knows taking the money is a mistake. Rose acts like a human. She looks exactly like Alainn. But something in her comes out wrong.
To save her father from a five-year prison sentence, Alainn takes Rose’s place. She says goodbye to the sun and goes to live in a tower no human is allowed to enter. She becomes the prisoner of a man no human is allowed to see.
Believing that a life of servitude lies ahead, Alainn finds a very different fate awaits her in the company of the strange, scarred recluse.

My Thoughts:
So when I picked out this book the only thing I actually saw was Beauty and the Beast. I actually really love Disney and fairy tales so retelling's are my second favorite (Yes typical girl I know) Anyways Ensnared was far out there, futuristic, it was an ok retelling it had all the basic points, although I can't say it was my favorite, it lacked world building in some places, the characters were different from the original I didn't expect them to be the same, I did expect similarities, although there weren't really any except for the Beast. Overall it's well written and is way better as a stand alone instead of a Beauty and the Beast retelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader