Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Indiana Belle By John A. Heldt

Summary By Goodreads:
Providence, Rhode Island, 2017. When doctoral student Cameron Coelho, 28, opens a package from Indiana, he finds more than private papers that will help him with his dissertation. He finds a photograph of a beautiful society editor murdered in 1925 and clues to a century-old mystery. Within days, he meets Geoffrey Bell, the "time-travel professor," and begins an unlikely journey through the Roaring Twenties. Filled with history, romance, and intrigue, INDIANA BELLE follows a lonely soul on the adventure of a lifetime as he searches for love and answers in the age of Prohibition, flappers, and jazz. 



My Thoughts:
 I looked forward to this book, not only was the title appealing but so was the synopsis, Around the 8th chapter I realized that it was incredibly familiar to the movie Somewhere In Time (1980), it was the only time travel movie I ever really liked, Getting farther into the book the similarities come to a stop and go through their own story. The world building was very detailed, the characters were well built, the only thing that I found that I didn't like was someplace between 30th and 50th chapter I was looking forward to the end, I don't know if it was just a little too detailed or just lost its appeal, with this said I am not someone who becomes easily bored with a book so this was a bit shocking. Overall it was an incredibly written time travel novel other than a somewhat boring middle it was not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader