Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Ewan Pendle and the White Wraith by Shaun Hume

Summary by Goodreads:
Ewan Pendle was weird. Really weird. At least, that's what everyone told him. Then again, being able to see monsters that no one else could wasn't exactly normal ...

Thinking he has been moved off to live with his eleventh foster family, Ewan is instead told he is a Lenitnes, one of an ancient race of peoples who can alone see the real 'Creatures' which inhabit the earth. He is taken in by Enola, the mysterious sword carrying Grand Master of Firedrake Lyceum, a labyrinth of halls and rooms in the middle of London where other children, just like Ewan, go to learn the ways of the Creatures.



My Thoughts:
The beginning of this story reminded me of JK Rowling's Harry Potter. It had a fire to it that really brought alive the characters and the world in which it was placed. The only thing about this book that i had an issue with was the amount of detail, it leaves little to the imagination, which for me is a big deal, where as for someone else it could be great. When I read I have to let my own creativity wander, to see what I think the author wants me to see, not just exactly what the author wants me to see, Overall I this was a great book, it was intriguing and adventurous. I look forward to the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader