Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Giver By Lois Lowry

Summary By Goodreads:

This haunting story centers on Jonas, who lives in a seemingly ideal, if colorless, world of conformity and contentment. Not until he's given his life assignment as the Receiver of Memory does he begin to understand the dark, complex secrets behind his fragile community.



My Thoughts:

I have read this book so many times and yet it still some how still surprises me. The first time i read this book was in i think the 6th grade and i have re read it every year since, the characters are easy to envision and the world building is vivid. I recommend the book over the movie, which i honestly thought was the lame version of the book. I recommend this book to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader