Monday, January 16, 2017

The Whisper By Oz Monty Mikhail

Note: Starting today Mondays will be reserved for sharing, I wrote this short story a few months ago and have been wondering since I started this blog whether I should share my short stories and poetry with you and I have come to a final decision that I will! More than happy to. I am not asking for feedback more than anything a spare few moments of your time to stop for a moment during your busy Monday morning and relax, breath and read, something short, not necessarily sweet, more than occasionally dreary but a story or poem I have written from the heart.
Please continue and read on.


“Morgana! Are you in here?” The door to Morgana's room creaks loudly. “Morgana?” Nobody answers, the stairs squeak under my weight. As I step into the hall there is a faint whispering Ginny as I come closer to Morgana's room there is another whisper fainter than the last and more urgent Ginny come find me! “Morgana? Is that you? Come on this is getting creepy!” The air gets colder as I peek through Morgana's room door. Ginny come play the whisper says. I slide into her room, and her bed is disheveled her clothes are in their usual messy pile on the floor. Come play Ginny, Morgana did why don’t you? The whisper is in my ear, goosebumps spread on my body like wild fire and my hair stands on end. “Who's there? Why don’t you show your self? Wheres Morgana?” I yell out to the whisper. I wait, but there is no answer “Hello?” I stand there waiting and no answer from the whisper comes, maybe I am just imagining things. Freaked out by the situation I head for the door as I get closer, the door gets farther. Why don’t you want to play with me Ginny? Please don’t leave. “Who are you?” this time the room changes, almost like in a dream, instead of Morgana's room I’m in a luxuries living room, with a fire burning and what looks like comfortable plush sofas, I can be anything you want me to Ginny. Chills run up my spine. “Where am I? Wheres Morgana? Who are you?” I nervously ask the whisper.
In front of me appears a man, He's tall maybe 6'8” his hair in red spirals and eyes emerald green, hes dressed in a black suit. Starstruck by the man standing in front of me I forget all about the whisper, standing there in complete silence for what feels like hours when the whisper comes again shaking me out of the trance You see Ginny? I am what ever you want me to be. And that is when I realize that the man standing before me is the man I had sketched five years ago in Morgana's room when we were talking about our dream guys I couldn’t describe him at least not in a way Morgana could understand, she had thought I was completely out of it when I said red hair and green eyes but when I sketched him out she had squealed and and went on about how gorgeous he was. “Your not real!” I angrily spat out at the whisper. “Where is Morgana?” I couldn’t hold in the frustration anymore I couldn’t leave and I couldn’t find Morgana then the whisper turned into a voice and the voice was attached to the man I had sketched. “What do you mean my dear you killed her remember?” His green eyes turned black “take a look out the window.”
I looked out the window to fog fading away and Morgana's body coming in to view her body was in an awkward position as though she had fallen from really high up. Then again suddenly as though I was in a dream I went from the living room to Morgana's body a puddle of blood surrounding her. Tears started to pour as I saw my best friends dead body. You see you killed her, threw her from the balcony, she begged you not to. Would you like to see? “Its a lie I would never hurt her she was my only friend” I told the whisper grateful that the sketch hadn’t come along with us to see Morgana's body.
Again with the dream like teleporting, this time we were in a castle like room. Morgana was sitting on the bed writing in her journal. “Morgana! Your alive!” I could feel a fresh batch of hot tears coming on. She cant hear you, you are nothing but a ghost to her. The whisper said in my ear. This whisper reminds me of the ghosts in 'A Christmas Carol' moments pass by and I hear a door open and close its me dressed like a chamber maid and that’s when I notice that Morgana is dressed in silk. The chamber maid version of me goes out to the balcony “Morgana you have to come over here and see this its beautiful!” she calls out to her, as Morgana reluctantly abandons her journal and distractedly goes to the balcony to see what chamber maid me is so excited about, when she reaches the balcony wall she peers out into the sunset and says “Your right it is beautiful Callie” and that’s when I push her over the edge of the balcony I don't understand why because I have always loved her as though she was my own sister I looked down beneath the balcony and there she lie bloody and broken. You see Cal Gin you killed her. Now is there anything you would like a cup of tea perhaps, to calm the nerves, maybe to go hunting for a new kill maybe that boy down the street, what was his name? William or maybe you would like to bath in your dead friends blood?, he silently whispered in my ear. Come play Ginny, I’m bored. I couldn’t accept that I killed her but then I realized that nobody called me Callie but my mother before she died, 5 years before doctors said mysterious causes, everyone called me Ginny. This is not real. This is not real. This is not real. I repeated this in my head over and over I couldn’t help it. I killed my best friend but why? Because I told you to. Said the whisper as I went to the balcony where I pushed Morgana. I stared at her empty body and in that moment I couldn’t help but fall over the edge to be with my best friend

As I was falling I heard the whisper laughing as though my suicide was what he wanted all along and then came the stop! No pain, no tears, just sweet death holding out his hand to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader